Monday, March 4, 2013

Books Arrived!

I'm rather excited one and all. I ordered three new figure drawing books a couple of weeks ago and they have officially arrived today.





 These were two of the books I bought and I'm liking both of them a lot already. The first one by John H. Vanderpoef has been really beneficial with the skeletal understanding so far. The second one by Anthony Ryder has helped me dramatically become less angry at gesture drawings. It's one of the only times I've actually seen the technique of gesture drawing broken down well AND connected to the later finishing of a figure. Good stuff.


This is actually my favorite of the three books I've bought. It's got a bit of a hard angular style to its figure approach but the way it teaches thinking about the figure is probably my favorite and combined I think they will be great companions to one another and I'm very happy they are in my library. More drawings are coming soon folks so stay tuned. 


No comments:

Post a Comment