Saturday, March 2, 2013

Figure it out

Okay I said I'd do this so the journey officially begins. Welcome to Go Figure, my new figure drawing blog where anyone who wants to accompany me on my road to becoming a stronger illustrator can stop by and hope on the trip with me.

Now while this is called Go Figure and it is primarily going to be  figure drawing blog I suspect this will likely become a sort of online sketchbook where anyone interested can see the hard work that goes into the training to becoming an illustrator

There will be sketches, studies, perhaps even a still life or two but the majority of this blog is likely to be skill building exercises, studies, epiphanies, musings and random articles I discover about improving illustration and drawing skills. I expect a few studies for finished work here but process stuff for portfolio illustrations will primarily still go elsewhere.

I doubt there will be posts every day. I will certainly be attempting to draw every day, that's how you improve, however, due to my real world schedule updates are likely to come in bursts and batches if it's art related.

Okay, enough pontificating. Let's get this show on the road and see what this evolves into.

... And see how many figure drawing puns I can throw out.

No comments:

Post a Comment