Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Compositional studies 1-31

Hey folks. It's been a while hasn't it?

I was working on my own personal work trying to apply what I've learned but I was not growing at quite the speed I desired.

After hitting a solid bit of depression and then having to take a look at what I was doing wrong I decided to give myself a bit of a boot camp over the next several months. I figure, since it's been 3 years since I graduated and my skills are now about where I feel they SHOULD have been sometime around junior year of college (so in essence I'm feeling about 4 years behind where I would like to be but that's being eaten up fast). I'm going back to basics and putting in the serious work necessary to improve to the level I want.

To facilitate that I'm doing a little bit of Noah Bradley's Art camp coupled with my own notes on what I know needs to be done with my training. Lots of tutorials, lots of studying and lots of practice. I have a set schedule for my practicing that's broken up into multiple days and I work on different aspects of things on different days.

Not all of it's figure and while that was the original purpose of this blog, I see it now as more of an online sketchbook. Now some of the things I've done I can't show right now since my scanner is not operational right now. I'll show more digital stuff in interim but that means the posts won't be quite as rapid fire. Wednesday and Thursday though are master studies/fundamentals day and digital painting practice day respectively so today I have 31 of 50 black and white compositional studies to show.

Noah Bradley's art camp apparently has you do about 50 comp studies and 50 color studies in the first week (I'm guessing because I was challenged to do 100 by another artist I know who was doing the full camp.) And let me tell you something. Even though composition is one of my strong suits, I DEFINITELY learned a lot more about it today. I'm going to try to crank out the remaining 19 compositional studies and the 50 color studies tomorrow.

Again, these are master studies of other artists work for the purposes of studying composition. Some are good, some are TERRIBLE. You have been warned. Enjoy.

 

 

 

 





















If you're interested in the video that deals with these from Noah's Art camp you can see the link to that video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQfF-P70V2Q

And on top of that, if you want to give it a try yourself, feel free and let me know. I'd like to know I'm not suffering alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment