Saturday, April 18, 2015

More Figure Drawing

I was able to make it out to a scanner and I now have some more figure studies from my week to show you. I'm unsure if I should show some of the other exercises I've done but I'll consider it for the future.

 This first one is just studies from Bridgman's Life Drawing book and some sketching from reference to get things going.


This little batch were all from reference. I've come across some wonderful reference things lately and I've been trying to use them more. Each of these had their good and bad in the practicing and I think I'm improving in the understanding of light and how it works on the body.

















 

I find that I like sketching in erasable colored pencil. It for some reason it helps me get into the zone and work the problem more effectively. I wanted to work on angles and likenesses with the portraits. I think that will be a good and regular use of the day during the week I have allotted to that time.

In the end, these last couple of weeks have been good for helping me establish exactly what I need to do with my practice. the exercise sources I'm using feel good, the practice feels good and the allotted time feels right to keep me learning without burning myself out and I think I can improve this way.

If you're looking at these, please keep checking in and follow along here or on my deviant art or Facebook pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment